Posts Tagged ‘networking’
Posted in Opinion, Technology, tagged cookies, facebook, friends, ghostery, hypocrisy, irony, mark zuckerberg, networking, noscript, privacy, private, public, social, social media, social networks, timeline, tracking, wall, wedding, zuckerberg on May 23, 2012 @ 10:24 AM| Leave a Comment »
My first ever blog award was given to me a few days ago by Alexis from Bunny Ears & Bat Wings. As per the terms of the award, I submit the following.
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
Thanks for thinking of this blog, Alexis!
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
- I like sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek humour.
- I taught myself to touch type in my early teens by removing and mixing up all the keys on my keyboard.
- I’ve played all the games in the King’s Quest series except KQ7: The Princeless Bride.
- I accidentally wasted the Master Ball on a Venonat. (Years ago. I don’t still play or anything. Really.)
- I wish I was as tough as those guys you hear in the distance red-lining their engines and squealing their tires.
- My favourite movie is The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel.
- Though I’ve never been told, I consider myself to be occasionally (though unintentionally) pedantic and pretentious, correcting the grammar of friends and family in conversation, answering Jeopardy! questions out loud, laughing during Frasier, and using roman numerals where they aren’t necessarily needed.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
In the words of a certain robot from Futurama: “Like most of life’s problems, this one can be solved with bending.” . . . the rules, that is. I’m afraid I’m going to have to make 15 a running total, as I really can’t think of that many blogs of which I’m a dedicated reader. But for now, I’ll send the award along to these:
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
On a related note (let me just put on my lab coat and glasses): I briefly attempted to trace the origins of the Irresistibly Sweet award. Unfortunately, it’s somewhat chain letteresque, and you don’t have to do much math to know that 15 people sending to 15 people, and so on is a lot of awards. So, I was unable (read: too lazy) to find the award’s creator.
However! I did make an interesting discovery. And that is that the award seems to have mutated over time, resulting in several different “strains”, if you will. I’ve put them in the order in which I imagine them changing.
On Strain #4, we’re actually lucky enough to have caught a mutation in progress! You only have to trace it one level to the previous recipient to see it change.
|Link Back||Facts||Send To||Congratulate||Image|
|Strain 2||No||4 guilty pleasures||6||No||Cake|
|Strain 4||Yes||7||10||Yes||Cake/Ice cream|
|Strain 5 (this award)||Yes||7||15||Yes||Cake|
Image credit: Whoever created the award
Where to find me