1. of the nature of or resembling that of sugar: a powdery substance with a saccharine taste.
2. containing or yielding sugar.
3. very sweet to the taste; sugary: a saccharine dessert.
4. cloyingly agreeable or ingratiating: a saccharine personality.
5. exaggeratedly sweet or sentimental: a saccharine smile; a saccharine song of undying love.
Wordsmith Wednesdays made-up example sentence:
Choosing a card at the store can be a bother, especially if you try to avoid the ones containing little saccharine verses.
View this word on Dictionary.com for pronunciation and additional definitions.